Product Care Guide

Soap Care

Do a patch test if you are known to have sensitive skin or sensitivity to certain soap ingredients, fragrance oils, essential oils or anything else listed in the ingredients list. Only soaps listed as 'face and body bars' are meant for use on the face. 

Keep soaps wrapped until use. Handmade soaps tend to form glycerin dew on the surface (they are not harmful!) when exposed to humid air. If you come across any dew, simply wipe it off with a damp cloth. Soap colouring blending together over time is also natural and will happen if the soap is unused. 

Do not rest soaps in bodies of water or expose them to direct sunlight.

Best used 1 year after purchase. You may notice the scent get lighter over time but it does not affect the functionality of the soap. A soap care sheet is always provided in case you need to refer to it. 

Candle Care

Always make sure to trim the wick before lighting it to ensure a smooth, even burn, and to avoid tunneling. The first burn is important - you must ensure that the first layer has liquified on your first burn. This may take up to 1-3 hours, but it will ensure a better burn for the entirety of the candle's lifespan. 

Troubleshooting - If the wick keeps extinguishing itself, simply melt wax and scoop some out with a spoon and re-light the wick. It may be because the wick was trimmed too low. 

If you find droplets of liquid on the top of your candle, it is most probably due to a difference in temperature in the atmosphere. Simply wipe them off with a tissue or damp cloth and continue to use as normal. Soy wax candles naturally pose a high oil content and can easily sweat in some conditions. Exposing the soy wax candle to high temperatures, heat or humidity would easily cause sweating. 

It’s important to note that sweating in soy wax candles does not in any way affect their quality, durability, and overall performance.

Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For safety measures, stop burning a candle when there is ¼ inch of wax left in the jar.

Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, curtains, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc. 

Wax Melt Care

Try not to light the candle for more than 5 hours as it may get too hot and lessen the fragrance throw. Do not light near any flammable material. Do not leave the lit candle unattended especially if you have children and/or pets.

Clean out the used wax melt from the burner every time the scent no longer lingers. Do this by melting the wax down and using a tissue paper or cotton pad to soak it up, or pop the wax burner in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, then take it out and the wax should be cold enough to fall out. If not, leave in for another 10 minutes.